Legal Counsel Manager
Career Level Middle Management
Number of Vacancy 1
- Advises senior management and business unit colleagues on legal risks and best practices for commercial transactions and corporate matters.
- Participates in board and/or executive committee meetings, and on other corporate working groups.
- Develops and implements contract templates and associated processes to ensure efficient and effective delivery and consumption of legal services while protecting the Company’s risk profile.
- Ensures compliance with the law and internal corporate policies. Works closely with HR, Finance, Medical Affairs and Compliance colleagues to maintain strong control environment.
- Remains current with applicable laws and regulations impacting the relevant industries as well as the Company’s activities.
- Proactively identifies risks impacting the Company and educates business units on risks and recommends appropriate mitigation measures.
- Reviews, negotiates, and drafts agreements on behalf of the Company on a variety of business and transactional matters. Ensures all contracts further the business plan of the product group and accurately reflect the business terms agreeable senior management and consistent with the risk profile of the organization.
- Adopts and implements OCAP Legal Department standards and best practices.
- Assists in facilitating and monitoring litigation on behalf of the Company, coordinating with OCAP Legal Department, and assisting outside counsel retained for purposes of the particular litigation, and reporting on the progress of the litigation to OCAP management.
- Provides legal support to management on a variety of commercial and corporate transactional subjects to minimize legal exposure (including but not limited to advice regarding corporate governance, intellectual property, antitrust, healthcare, labor and employment, litigation, regulatory and other matters).
- Research legal subjects to prepare and make recommendations, including memorandum of advice to Regional Head of Legal.
- Conducts training and education or oversees it on major legal risk areas, privacy and data protection, corporate policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that business units and subordinate Legal Counsels maintain awareness of major developments in the laws and regulations affecting the Company’s operations.
- Exhibits all corporate and divisional expectations of people leaders to include, but not be limited to developing employees, managing employee performance/engagement, promoting continuous improvement, managing department business/communications, driving organizational alignment, selecting/retaining talent, and consistently modelling excellence, integrity, and accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Law Degree from an accredited Thai law school.
- 7-10 years of commercial and corporate transactional experience with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Lawyer's license is required.
- Notarial Service Certificate is a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to effectively manage legal staff/legal team and department operations.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating sophisticated commercial agreements, including sales contracts, supply and distribution agreements, license agreements, and government contracts.
- Familiarity with FCPA, import/export laws and licensing requirements, Anti-Kickback Statute, and other laws and regulations applicable to commercial business.
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry, and interacting with, and responding to, federal and state regulators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both Thai and English), as well as a positive professional image.
- Travels as needed to support business requirements.
- Aticha Songprakob
- Tel.+66 2121 3555 Ext.3521