Senior EHS Manager
Our client is a multinational manufacturer and distributor specializing in healthcare products. As an EHS Manager, you will be responsible for creating, enforcing, and overseeing Environmental Health and Safety strategies, policies, and procedures to enhance workplace conditions and ensure governmental compliance.
- Formulate strategies and procedures for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to enhance the working environment and uphold workplace safety and government compliance.
- Propose solutions for health and safety challenges affecting company personnel and property.
- Prepare and communicate new or updated information and legislation related to Safety, Health, and Environment to the management.
- Develop a comprehensive training program for all relevant personnel to promote safe work practices and environmentally friendly behaviors.
- Conduct fire drills and assess emergency response procedures to ensure an effective plant emergency response.
- Investigate, analyze, and report incidents/accidents within the plant in accordance with corporate policies.
- Ensure that the Safety Committee fulfills its legal obligations and required activities.
- Provide consultancy to colleagues to maintain or enhance working conditions, promoting safe work habits among all employees.
- Develop EHS activities to raise employee awareness.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external safety, health, and environmental instructions, rules, and regulations.
- Guarantee a safe workplace and prevent health or environmental risks through regular audits, inspections, and training.
- Take prompt remedial action and conduct accurate investigations and reporting for all accidents and incidents.
- Manage all chemicals and production waste in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Five years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety roles, including three years at a management level.
- Thorough understanding of Safety and Environmental Laws, Labor Law, Labor Relations Acts, and relevant legislations.
- Familiarity with GMP, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, ISO 18000, and National Safety Award requirements
- Must be certified as a professional-level Safety Officer
- Proficient in English and computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Occupational Health and Safety / Environmental Engineering / Engineering or related field